Parent Leader & Advocate for Students
Zima Creason, MBA is the right choice for the San Juan Unified School Board. She serves as the President and CEO of Mental Health America of California and has worked in the mental health policy, advocacy, and education field for over 17 years.
As our advocate on the San Juan School Board, Zima will:
• Represent our parent stakeholders – No current SJUSD Board Member has a child attending a district school
• Apply her expertise in mental health education and policy to build psychologically healthy, safe, and supportive learning environments for students, and workplaces for teachers, staff, and administrators
• Empower student stakeholders to have a meaningful role in the determination of onsite and district policies, practices, and curriculum
• Prioritize student safety including cyber safety, after school traffic, and safety from school violence
• Ensure transparency – Even when things go wrong, even when it is hard
• Expand efforts to close the achievement gap
Zima serves in the following volunteer capacities in the community:
• Member, Sacramento County Children’s Coalition
• Member, California Department of Education Student Mental Health Policy Workgroup
• Advisory Committee Member, My Sister’s House (a domestic violence and human trafficking shelter program)
• Member, National Institute of Mental Health Outreach Partnership Steering Committee Member
• Member, Star View Children and Family Services Board of Directors
Stand with Zima!
Join two time gold medalist the Mighty Ruthie Bolton for a wine and cheese reception paired with a book signing in support of Zima Creason for San Juan School Board. Ruthie Bolton's books, "From Pain to Power" and "Ride of a Lifetime" will be available for purchase and Ruthie will be available for signing.
5:30 - 7:00 pm
The Offices of Duffy Wellman and Partners
1529 28th St.
Tickets for entry are $25 each and will benefit Zima's SJUSD campaign.
Books available for purchase at the event for $15 & $20 each.
$500 Co-Host (two signed books of your choice, two event tickets, recognition at the event, and reserved seating at the book signing table with Ruthie)
$250 Champion (two books of your choice, two event tickets, and recognition at the event)
$100 Friend (one book of your choice, two event tickets, and recognition at the event)
RSVP by emailing email@example.com.
Process payment at https://secure.anedot.com/votezima2018/donate.
· The Sacramento Bee
· Democratic Party of Sacramento County
· Teamsters Local 150
· Sacramento Central Labor Council
· California School Employees Association, Chapter 127
· American Postal Workers Union - Sacramento Area Local 0066
· Sacramento Sierra Building & Construction Trades Council
· Black Women Organized for Political Action
· American River Democrats
· Stonewall Democratic Club of Greater Sacramento
· Fem Dems Sacramento
· Women Democrats of Sacramento County
· JFK Democratic Club of Sacramento County
· Town and Country Democratic Club
· Black Young Democrats of Sacramento
· Latinx Young Democrats of Sacramento County
· Sacramento County Young Democrats
· Green Dems of Sacramento County
· Wellstone Progressive Democrats of Sacramento
· Rainbow Chamber PAC
· Arab American Chamber of Commerce
· Citrus Heights Chamber of Commerce PAC
· Fiona Ma, California Board of Equalization, Former California Assemblymember
· Senator Holly Mitchell, 30th California Senate Distrct
· Assemblymember Shirley Webber, 79th California Assembly District
· Assemblymember Mark Stone, 29th California Assembly District
· Angelique Ashby, Sacramento City Council
· Rick Jennings, Sacramento City Council
· Phil Serna, Sacramento County Board of Supervisors
· Don Nottoli, Sacramento County Board of Supervisors
· Patrick Kennedy, Sacramento County Board of Supervisors
· Genevieve Shiroma, SMUD Board
· Gregg Fishman, SMUD Board
· Dave Tamayo, SMUD Board
· Darrel Woo, Sacramento County Unified School District Board of Education
· Jay Hansen, Sacramento County Unified School District Board of Education
· Orlando Fuentes, Cosumnes Community Services District Board Member & Elk Grove City Council Candidate
· Kathy Stricklin, Fulton El Camino Recreation & Park District Board Member
· Michael Seaman, Fulton El Camino Recreation & Park District Board Member
· Darryl "DMC" McDaniels, Run DMC
· Cambi Brown, Reporter
Titles are for identification purposes only.
1. Postcards: Write postcards to voters asking them to vote for Zima in your spare time. Postcards, instructions, messaging, and voter names/addresses provided. You provide .35 cent postcard stamps and your time.
2. Literature Drops: Drop off campaign literature on voter doorsteps. You can join a lit drop event or drop on your own time. No knocking or talking. Just walking/driving and dropping. Materials and lists provided.
3. Share your support on social media and with your email contacts:
If you are on Facebook, please like the campaign page linked here https://www.facebook.com/ZimaCreasonForSJUSD/ and share a post on the page that interest you. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for an email template you can send to your contacts.
You can find Zima on Twitter and Insta @zimacreason.
To sign up to help, email email@example.com or call 916-587-2266.
Patrick Harbison, Owner, PHPR
Jaclyn Moreno, CEO of CARE Educational Services & Sacramento Indivisible Region Action Network Board Member
The Nepomuceno Family
Curtis Paullins & Mooney Gow
Caren and Chris Sykes